Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Return of the A/C Guys






We also ran some electrical wire

Last Saturday Phil and I went to town to meet John Morey. He is the Electrician and he knows a lot about electricity, protons, electrons, harmonics, keeping conduit cool and what keeps the Earth on it’s axis. I just acted like I knew what he was talking about and nodded my head. I get the feeling he is going to save us some serious time and money. We ran all of the new metal clad wire in the dining area so that Ray Ross can sheetrock the ceiling in the near future.

The A/C guys showed up this week to test the units. And guess what, THEY WORK. They heat, they cool, and they make Slurpies. I had a long discussion with the A/C guys about ductwork. We decided that the best course of action would be to stage both units and run one plenum and Y the ducts through the rafters to allow the ceiling fans to hang in the middle without obstruction. Staging both units will allow the larger unit to act as primary and as the building heats or cools, the other unit will kick in. More efficient.

Trey and I (mostly Trey) tore out the walls between the bathrooms and the outside walls to create a hallway to the kitchen and the office. Then reframed for the bathrooms. We (Phil and Trey) also tore out the commodes, sinks and associated pluming. There has been a lot of ‘patch-work’ construction in this building in the last 60 years.

I have included some pictures of the cross ties that will be the new ceiling, the wire we ran, some framing that Phil did where we will carry the walls up to the new ceiling and some wall tear down. I hope that in the next 2 weeks we will have some pictures that will show some real progress. We’ll get there now that Crazy Nail Guy is out of the picture.
By the way, I’ve enjoyed reading the posted comments. Keep them coming!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your mother know you were up in the rafters? I'm tellin'!

Anonymous said...

I was on scaffolding, but there was no railing. I don't want to ruin my reputation!

Matt Kent said...

I am sorry. I thought sneaking down there during the ice storm and installed 425 bent nails would be a funny prank. Didn't mean to slow you down.
BTW - Britney's in rehab now to regrow her hair.

Anonymous said...

That's funny Matty J. I thought sneaking up to Lake Lewisville and slashing all 4 of your tires would be funny too. Didn't mean to slow you down.

BTW - I know Brit (that's what I call her) is in rehab. I have XM radio, Direct TV, and a gigahooter for my internet connection. I know where Osama is!

Anonymous said...

JC - Looking good. Can't wait to grub me up some tasty BBQ, without nails. Heat Game 1 0 = 0. Sombitches played with nails and fighting with elbows. Anyways, love the blog. Keep 'em coming.

Anonymous said...

JC - It was JB, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those gigahooters: http://www.hooters.com/news_and_events/2007_calendar_tour/index.asp