Monday, April 23, 2007

Shelli is in her element...









Shelli came in last week to work some of her paint magic. It’s looking really good.

Putting up the siding, however, is dragging along like a gut-shot parakeet. As we reach the windows, we have to pull them out and re-frame them too. Phil dropped off 3 of the windows in Uvalde to have the glass replaced, re-glazed and cleaned up a little. They were supposed to be ready on Friday, not ready yet.

That reminds me. I think I’ve discovered a new time zone. We’re all familiar with Central time, Eastern time, Mountain time, Left Coast time, Standard, Daylight Savings…etc. Then there’s Camp Wood time. It extends through most of Mexico and across the border into the southern Texas Hill Country, and also covers portions of Alabama, Mississippi and New Mexico. Things run a little slower in the Camp Wood time zone and I can prove it. I have one clock in the house that runs a little fast. I reset it, but eventually it runs fast again. It is the only clock in the house that has not been sucked into the grips of the Camp Wood time zone.

That’s why our windows aren’t ready…Camp Wood time.

You may remember the story of Crazy Nail Guy. Phil was pulling some old siding from the N. side of the building and discovered someone had pounded their initials into the wood with nails. It must have been the work of Crazy Nail Guy. He’s still taunting us and I’m going to find a special place for that piece of wood. There is also an APB for someone with the initials E.H.
At least we have a reliable painter!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Freak.... Why didn't you tell me about your Blog. You bloggin' it up. I like the paint job, and what time are you on right now? I need to set my watch to Camp Wood time.
Hey, you need to come teach some of these "yahoos" how to do AIS correctly. I have given up!
Hope you are enjoying the silence. I know I am jealous.

Later Dupper,
Jacob

P.S. I need to set up a delivery

Anonymous said...

So...you've fallen into the 'time warp'. When in Rome...do the "Time Warp" dance. If you didn't ask which Friday the windows would be ready...well anything goes. Contractor time - it's a whole 'nother element. Everything is looking very nice! The cacti almost look like I don't want to touch them. Looking forward to coming down for the Memorial Day grand opening! (I didn't say which year).

Anonymous said...

Yacoob, it's 10:12 CWDT. Thanks for asking. Glad to hear you've taken over the AIS input. You had too much spare time anyway.

What's a Dupper?

Anonymous said...

Geez...I REALLY miss Shelly

Anonymous said...

SHE misses you too Judy. I'm not sure why.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's really coming around. It looks a lot different since we were there. Are you going to be ready for the crowd in May? Since you're in the warp, you might have until June. We'll be back down to put our initials somewhere. It looks great! Shelley, you look pretty intimidating on the scaffold with the paint gun. Is there a Camp Wood 007 movie in the works? I think you would be the #1 choice for a Bond chick. Oh, has our hotel sold yet?

Anonymous said...

"Dupper" is Dusty's new name. When Dusty does something good I call him "Super Duper," when he does something bad I call him "Bad Duper," when he does something stupid I call him "Stupid Duper," and when he does something stupid and bad I call him "Dammit Dupper"

Later
Jacob